Sunday, September 12, 2010

BROWN SUGAR (FAVORITE MOVIE)

In the movie Brown Sugar, love was "Hip-Hop" and Dre and Sydney had fallen for the music. The finding of my first "Hip-Hop" was in 7th grade. I'll never forget how "Hip-Hop" had drove me so crazy that I wrote my first poem about her called my  My Abortion to Love. But I couldn't resist. She sparked my creative edge cause I saw her as the impossible. She was my untouchable. So like smart guys do, I let things grow and played the friend role. But who wants to friend their first "Hip-Hop". While Hip-Hop did her and I did me, we forever stayed in each others life in some awkward way. Luckily we're all grown up and can see eye to eye on this whole '"Hip-Hop" situation. We haven't let the fact that we go to colleges in  different states keep us apart. While now she might be in a different subgenre, our origin and future will stay strong and genuine to our genre. At the end of the day I love Hip-Hop....and Hip Hop loves me.............

No comments:

Post a Comment